BasicsIn EightKeys, letters and symbols are typed by tapping twice as follows:
1. Tap the key labeled with the letter/symbol
2. Tap the key that gets labeled with the letter/symbol after the first tap
Example: typing the letter Q
1. Tap the key labeled 'Q' as shown below
2. Tap the key labeled Q as shown below
Example: typing the symbol &
1. Tap the key labeled '&' as shown below
2. Tap the key labeled & as shown below
Numbers can be typed like symbols and letters on the eight keys. Additionally numbers
can also be typing using the separate number keyboard.
Tap the 'num' key to access the number keyboard
To exit from the number keyboard tap the 'num' button again.
Whenever letters that have accented alternatives such as 'e' and 'a' are typed the
'alt' key is shown on the keyboard.
Tap the alt key to get a selection of accented alternatives available for the letter
that is typed.
Tapping the alt key again brings more alternatives, if there are any.
1. Memorize the tap sequence for all the letters and some of
the common punctuation marks such as full stop, comma and question mark. This is much easier
than you think.
2. Complete the exercises in the tutorial
3. Focus on the text you are editing than the keyboard